As the education sector changes and the way we learn changes, the Dungog Community College knows that to achieve vibrant and dynamic communities we need to be empowered, informed and skilled.
The Dungog Community College runs accredited courses from Aged Care to Business, special interest classes from Frogs to RePurposing Garments, skills classes like Barista or First Aid and special events like Science In The Pub.
Education Project Officers John O’Brien and Jane Richens
Our office is at the Dungog Shire Community Centre, 103 Dowling Street, Dungog
02 4992 1133 or 0427 290 209
02 4992 1733
Dungog Community College
PO Box 109 Dungog NSW 2420
Facebook Click here
Click here to see upcoming Courses
Community college mission
Training Under the Trees – developing affordable learning opportunities for the whole community.
Our mission is to foster life enriching learning opportunities that educate, engage, and enhance your work and life skills. We want to make you think, raise community well being, promote physical and social activity and increase connection across the Shire.
Whether you want accredited training to improve your career prospects, activities that improve your health, or lifestyle courses that cater to your passions, the Dungog Community College is for you. And if there’s something more you want, tell us about it.
- See more at: http://dungogcommunitycollege.org.au
Courses We have run
- Apply First Aid Certificate
- Barista certificate (including Safe Food Handling) with John Ellis
- Beauty from Natural Ingredients with Pat Collins
- Traditional Bread Baking with Simon Brownbridge from Fosterton Farm Bakery
- Termites, Trees & Your Home with Peter Hill
- Build A Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
- Aged Care Certificate III
- Diploma of Counselling
- Diploma of Community Services Work
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE)
- Certificate IV in Youth Work
- Italian Cooking with Marisa Groves
- Ceramics over 7 weeks with Clare Tilyard
- The Style & Fit Course – discover & sew your perfect look with Barbara Sherlock over 3 Saturdays
- Soundscapes: Record Your World with screen & sound artist Virginia Hilyard
- The Art Of Upcycled Fashion – learn tips and tricks about re-designing found clothing into unique fashion with textile artist Dawn Thompson
- Belly Dancing with Sally O'Loughlin
- Blogging For Business, Blogging For Pleasure.
- Bush Dancing over 6 entertaining weeks with Pauline Cambourne and a LIVE band
- Cooking Spicily with fine food wrangler Amorelle Dempster
- Cryptic Crosswords – yes they can be solved.
- A Day In The Roses – care – show – cook – sketch: a gorgeous day devoted to the celebrated flower.
- Garlic Growing/Garlic Harvest & Beyond with Jocelyn Colleran
- Seed-Raising with Kate Beveridge
- Cheesemaking with dairy guru David Marks.
- Get Started With Computers. Unlock the mysteries of email, internet, files, Windows, and even turning the thing on and off.
- Get To Know Your Digital SLR Camera – beyond point & click with photographer Robyn Moore
- Jazz Talk – with Paul McNamara from Ten Part Invention and saxophonist Sally Corbett.
- Maintain Your PC – clutter, spam, viruses, dust, heat, hardware upgrades, and much more
- Responsible Service Of Alcohol (RSA).
- Special event: NOEL JUPP: observations of a lifetime – the plant guru speaks.
- Traffic Controller
- Winter Pizza & Camp Oven Delights – wood-fired yummies
- Practical Management Skill Set
- Begin Yoga with Donna Cavanough
- Pinebrush to Thalaba Church walk
- Sell More Stuff (and increase your profit) Visual Merchandising Workshop
- Pave With The Expert, the expert being Leon Groves
- Ukelele! Introduction with Mark Jackson
- Get Friendly With Frogs with Ken Rubeli
- A Night Of Indian Feasting
- Introduction to Excel
- Marketing & Projects Skillset
- Working With Your Digital Photographs
- “Re-Visioning Dungog” – Build A New Photographic Portrait Of The Shire
The Dungog Masked Ball 2016
Our big fund raiser, the hottest ticket in town, has become the ball to be at and be seen at. An almost too memorable evening. Laughter, dancing, costumery (not obligatory but most people put a real effort in) and great company.
Next ball is 25th June 2016 - tickets sell out quickly!
Once Upon a Magical Forest ....
Email us to get on the early bird list.